Hello, my name is Joy Caracciolo and I am a Raleigh-Durham food blogger!
I have always had a passion for all things food and coffee, but in 2020 I decided to get share my food experiences on Instagram (@joyeatsworld22) in an effort to support local, small, and Black-owned businesses. I plan to use this blog to highlight food spots including but not limited to food trucks, coffeeshops, bakeries, and farmer’s markets that have excellent food and overall customer experiences. I will also be sharing my favorite easy recipes, products, and travel experiences (post-Rona).
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I literally can’t answer the simple question “what’s your favorite food” I CAN NOT CHOOSE! Lol
- I have a master’s degree in strategic communications and currently work in PR for a global tech company.
- I’m from Northern VA, but I currently reside in Bull City! (Durham, NC)
- I have a four year old son who keeps my life interesting and is my entire world!
- I’m 6’1 and played college basketball at Boston College then the University of Delaware.
- I’m half Trini (my fathers from Trinidad) so you will see me celebrating Caribbean culture quite a bit.
- Things I love to do: Sing and dance (not that I’m any good at either), read, cook, volunteer and give back to the community, discover and support local food and coffee spots(duh), visit wineries, travel (Pre-Rona), and binge watch shows/movies while snacking!